Friday, August 23, 2019

Nidam - Gentleman


I have a really hectic schedule these days so the song must really stand apart from the crowd to encourage me to write about it. Strong melody is still the most important to me, classy arrangements are appreciated but well thought out lyrics are an aspect that can make a difference.

Not so long ago I wrote about the newcomer who didn't shy away from singing that sometimes men should treat women with more respect. It's probably too early to talk about micro-genre but you can feel similar sentiment in a new offering by Danish singer Nidam - known already from regret-filled ballad You Think It's Like a Fire. If it can be interpreted as linear story, the protagonist cheered up a bit and shows an awful lot of compassion towards a woman he fancies. Check for yourself, but  Very catchy refrain made me think about American Psycho - the movie which dark humour and social satire I enjoyed very much despite grisly surroundings. Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman is masterclass in acting and it's hard not to think about it while listening about "savage brute in a suit and tie".

I don't know if Bateman liked Bryan Ferry - the first singer Nidam makes me think about, but it's highly likely. (BTW, new Charles Cave song sounds a lot like his Is Your Love Strong Enough?) I also enjoyed gently swaying arrangement. Will the love story continue? I'm already waiting...


FB: https://www.facebook.com/nidammusic/
SC: https://soundcloud.com/nidammusic

No comments:

Post a Comment