Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Bright Light Bright Light - Stay (I Missed You)



Welsh singer Rod Thomas known under the alias Bright Light Bright Light is so prolific that not all his output reasonates equally with me, but boy when he hits me, he hits me hard.

I was his fan already in the age of Disco Moment and Waiting for a Feeling from Make Me Believe in Hope LP (2012). I loved An Open Heart from Life Is Easy (2014). Something makes me think that this track would perfectly fit luxurious car commercial. 


In 2016 Rod issued another LP Choreography that hosted collabs with Sir Elton John and Scissor Sisters members. In my opinion, he at least equalled this achievement with his cover of Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories' 1994 Billboard 100 Number One hit Stay (I Missed You). It's not hard to realize that a new version, well, misses part of the lyrics but coffee-table R&B arrangement and Rod's poignant vocals suit this material very well. The song is a part of Cinematography EP featuring other movie themes, originally by the likes of Madonna and Starship. Since April, you can listen to it on Soundcloud.



FB: https://www.facebook.com/brightlightx2
SC: https://soundcloud.com/brightlightx2

No comments:

Post a Comment