Thursday, June 16, 2016

FM-84 feat. Ollie Wride - Running with the Night



One of my favorite songs at the beginning of 2013 was 21st Century Love by London band Joywride. IIRC, one of my Czech friends from Club Chart introduced me to this ditty.
I already was a fan of retrowave (dreamwave? synthwave? - ok, enough with labels) thanks to Arcade High but I was very happy that someone tries to replicate not new romantic/synth-pop sound but the stylings of MOR 80s pop (think Go West or Chesney Hawkes). I only recently noticed that in 2014 band changed it's name to FARRA, but now its members operate only on their own.


The vocalist Olly Wride frequenly guests on, yes, synthwave records. He collaborated with Timecop 1983 and Clive Mead and sang on three tracks from FM-84 album Atlas. All those songs are more than decent but if I am to pick one, it should be one of his jams recorded with Scotland-born Californian named Colin Bennett. Running with the Night is one of those songs that put a tear in your eye thanks to their lyrics but their production is like a motor engine roar that makes you forget about your regret.

FM-84 - Running In The Night (feat. Ollie Wride) from FM-84 on Vimeo.

More:  https://soundcloud.com/olliewride
https://www.youtube.com/user/olliewridevideos (including covers of the songs you certainly know and probably like)

No comments:

Post a Comment