Thursday, December 7, 2017

Bands to watch: Bliss Nova


Another act with distant Polish roots (you should remember my feature on Late Cambrian), Bliss Nova are brothers Daniel and Joel Trzcinski from Toledo in Ohio state.
I'm just reading their bio on Spotify and I'm happy that I was not the only one who saw them as a continuation of chillwave style. The name probably was coined as a joke but served as an useful umbrella term for many poppy retro-influenced electronic tracks - at least for few years. When I discovered Bliss Nova, I loved their sound so much I didn't hesitate to include their already quite old track My Nightmare (premiere on Do You Feel EP in 2015) in my private charts, but soon I switched to At Least (Light & Shadow EP - 2017). Recently guys issued new tracks Say It and Now - also worth your attention. They are full of seductive cool, not far from current trends in alternative R&B. Enjoy!







SC: https://soundcloud.com/bliss-nova
FB: https://www.facebook.com/BlissNovaMusic/

No comments:

Post a Comment